You might have to travel with kids and to top it up, with twins. The reason for the travel is not important. What is important is that you must keep yourself convinced that everything will be fine, even if you have two kids to handle on your trip. Having gained confidence that things will work out fine, you need to now prepare for the trip and organise yourself in such a way that your travel with your twin kids is enjoyable and hassle free.
- The first and the foremost thing is of course to figure out if it is at all possible to take along another adult with you on the trip. The extra pair of hands will be a great help and make all your problems seem halved.
- If you are travelling alone, with infant twins, then you might require to take a double buggy. However, a double buggy will be difficult to manoeuvre and might actually turn out to be cumbersome. Therefore take one buggy and another sling chair for your twins. You could switch positions of your kids from one to the other and that will also make them free from getting bored. If in case you have another adult travelling with you, then the hassle is minimised, as you can carry two buggies. Make sure you have a buggy or a pram with a pull out umbrella that will serve as a high chair, or a nap place for your twins.
- Pack a bag with lots of snacks and water. Also include the formula milk to take care of baby hunger pangs. Choose the snacks as per the age of your babies. You could include rice cakes, granola bars, or cupcakes besides carrot sticks or fruits and drinks. Add a packet of wipes in a plastic to wipe dirty fingers.
- Carry an extra pair of clothes and nappies for both babies as you may require it on the way if they soil their clothes somehow. Also take along plastic bags to toss in the soiled clothes before packing them in your bag.
- Kids easily get bored on long travel. Try to take along some games of their choice or some games cd. Sing along with them if that is what they enjoy. Just keep them occupied and you will enjoy the travel.
- Other things you might need to essentially pack are medicines and the contact number of medical practioners in the place you are travelling to.