If you choose a right bed for your toddler then the transition from crib to toddler bed can become an easy task.
Moreover, if you use the similar mattress and bedding that your child previously used in his crib; the transition to a toddler bed will be easier.
Make sure that the toddler bed that you have chosen can be child friendly, safe and fun.
Toddler bed is designed low to the ground level for your child safety.
It has railings on four sides that can be rolled out when the bed is in use.
A toddler bed is easy to accumulate and disassemble and can be stored away when not in use.
While choosing the toddler bed you have to consider several factors. Among which the most important consideration is safety. The bed should not be too hard or too soft. The other factor you have to consider is comfort. You should not place too much stuff in your child’s bed like, pillows, stuffed animals, and toys.
There are many different types of toddler beds that qualify as kids bedding for a child, and these include sheets, blankets, comforters, pillow cases, bed skirts, canopy curtains, quilts, and more.
The points you have to remember while choosing the toddler bed:
- Choose a bed that is comfortable for your toddler.
- Make sure that the toddler that you have chosen is strong and not in danger of collapsing. Check all the joints and screws, especially when your child jumps on his bed.
- Choose a toddler bed that is low to the ground level. It is easier for your toddler to get into and when falls out of the bed the chances of injury are less.
- Choose a toddler bed to which you can easily attach the guardrails. Adjustable guardrails prevent falls which fit between the bed base and mattress.
- Place spare quilt or soft rug around the bed to lessen the shock of the fall and help prevent injury should your toddler fall out of bed.
- Choose a simple design. The best toddler bed frames should have simple, no ornamental, head and footboards without cutouts or protrusions.
- Place the bed in the safety place of your child’s bedroom. Ensure to place your toddler bed safely away from wall lamps, drapery and blind cords, heating units, and windows.
- There are some beds that are specially designed for your little angel. These types of beds come with hand painted designs in many colors and styles. They will surely give your little angel a smoothing sleep.
- It is better to choose a toddler bed that has storage space for books, toys, and clothes.
- Buy a bed that is in the shape of car, trucks and motor cycles for your baby boy. This encourages your child to sleep.
- There are some special beds designed especially for your little princess. Barbie and Dora are the most popular among the little girls. Most of the toddler beds have four corner posters crowned with colorful, theme related canopies.