â€œWhat to Expect the First Yearâ€, is every parentâ€™s doubt for ideal newborn care.
This article teaches you to know what should be done by the parent in the first year.
As a parent, you should concentrate on newborn screening, home births and the resulting at-home newborn care, vitamins and vaccines.
You should also concentrate on milk allergies, causes of colic, sleep problems, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), returning to work, dealing with siblings, weaning, sippy cups, the expanded role of the father, and selecting the right physician.
Seasonal concerns, traveling with baby, managing childhood illnesses, nurturing the adopted baby, the low birth weight infant, and the baby with specific problems are also important areas which you have to give attention.
As a parent of newborn, you should focus on month-by-month development of your baby and some issues for newborn care such as health issues, special needs children, and postpartum recovery.
Questions that arise when raising a newborn:
- How do I cope with my colicky baby?
- How do I know when my baby is really sick and when I should call a doctor?
- How can I get my baby to sleep through the night?
- When is the best time to wean my baby?
- Why am I still having contractions now that I’ve delivered?
- When am I going to start feeling like a parent?
- How do I decide when to go back to work?
As a parent, you should make use of most valuable resources available and learn to trust in them. Follow the advices and give much time to your newborn baby. There is no such thing as a â€œperfect parentâ€.
The trick is to learn from the advices, thereby coming closer to the ideal of the perfect parent. By taking care of your newborn in every aspect, you can become a good parent.
Newborn care in first year of your babyâ€™s life:
You have to observe the following things for ideal newborn care.
- How your baby will react to his/her new surroundings?
- When she sleeps for more than 2 hours?
- What music you have to use to soothe your baby?
- Which toys are best for every stage of your baby’s first year?
- Which type of vaccination you have to give for newborn care?
- What to do when your baby gets that first cold?
- How much your baby should weigh?
Once you observe your newborn schedule, you can easily take care of your baby without any difficulty.