Are you expecting a treasured arrival to join with your family? Are you planning to makeover the room in order to greet the new baby?
Here are 5 factors you should consider while decorating the room for your precious little child who is going to live there.
1. Painting: Remove the old paint and completely paint the room with fresh ones. But, you should be away from this work.
If you accidentally inhale the paint particles, then it can cause a great damage to your unborn baby.
2. Decorating flooring: This is the other consideration in decorating your babyâ€™s nursery. Donâ€™t add the carpet that is treated with satin resistant material. These materials consist of toxic chemicals which are very harmful for your baby.
Sometimes, they can cause serious breathing difficulties and some other health issues to your newborn baby. So, it is better to keep the old carpet in your babyâ€™s nursery for some time.
If it is the case in which you need to change the carpet, then try to use materials like ordinary linoleum or pre-treated hardwood floor covering. While you are using hardwood flooring, consider water based finishes and stains as they are safer than that of oil based. Oil based designs are more toxic.
3. Window decorating: If your babyâ€™s nursery has windows, then you should be very careful while adding the curtains. Choose the ones which are non flammable. The fabric used in curtains contains a chemical named as polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE), which can cause thyroid disorders and also some developmental delays.
So, you should protect your baby from clothing and fabrics that contain these types of harmful chemicals. Talk to the supplier and know about the safest material and use it for decorating your babyâ€™s nursery.
4. Nursery furnishing: This is the most important thing that you should consider about to avoid any potential hazards. Older cribs are not safe to use. Better to buy the new baby crib or search for the crib that has safety standards.
5. On the other hand, try to use the blankets, mattresses, and other linens which are only made of natural fabric instead of synthetic material. Synthetic fabrics contain PBDE and also formaldehyde and phthalates, which can cause severe damage to the body systems like respiratory system, brain, liver or kidney.
So, it is better to start decorating the babyâ€™s nursery from now onwards, rather than after the arrival of your baby.