Breastfeeding offers various health benefits for your baby. Your baby can easily digest the breast milk.
It contains all the hormones, nutrients, antioxidants, antibodies and various other factors that an infant need to thrive.
The frequency and duration of feeding also increases the concentration of milk fat i.e., the more you feed, the greater the concentration of milk fat.
Here are various health benefits of breastfeeding for your baby:
- Your baby receives the most complete and finest mixture of nutrients and antibodies [Infant nutrition].
- Your baby encounters fewer episodes of vomiting and diarrhea.
- There is a great protection against gastroenteritis and necrotizing enterocolitis.
- Breastfeeding reduces the risk of chronic colic, constipation and various other stomach upsets.
- There is less risk for childhood diabetes.
- Breastfeeding offers great protection against respiratory illnesses, bronchitis, blood poisoning, ear infection, pneumonia, and kidney infection.
- You baby is protected against botulism, meningitis, crohnâ€™s disease, ulcerative enterocolitis, and childhood lymphoma.
- There is less risk for tooth decay.
- Higher IQâ€™s will be developed by breastfeeding your baby and their brain and nervous system also improves.
- Less risk for developing heart disease in your babyâ€™s later life.
- Bone density increases with breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding your baby plays a major role in the spiritual and emotional development.
- Babies who are breastfed can enjoy a special warm bonding and emotional relationships with the mother.
- The response of antibodies to vaccines is greater.
- The chances of hospitalization are 10 times less when compared to formula fed infants during their first year of life.
- The first breast milk helps to coat the GI tract, prevents harmful bacteria and allergy-triggering substances from entering into your babyâ€™s blood.
- Less risk for iron deficiency, vitamin E and anemia.
- Your baby is at less risk of rheumatoid arthritis, pyloric stenosis, appendicitis, and inguinal hernia.
- Your baby is at decreased risk of childhood obesity.
- There are various factors in breast milk that help to destroy the diseases like streptococcus, E coli, salmonella shigella, pneumococcus, etc.
- Breastfeeding boosts your childâ€™s intelligence.
- Breastfeeding protects against osteoporosis in your childâ€™s later life.
- There are fewer chances to develop some types of cancers in your babyâ€™s life.
- Breastfeeding lowers your childâ€™s risk of SIDS.
- Your baby is protected from childhood leukemia.
- Disease preventing immunities are transformed to your child.
Now you are aware of various benefits of breastfeeding your baby. So, you should not avoid breastfeeding your baby.