Crying is a physiological process in the life of a baby.
The main intension of a crying baby is, mainly he/she wants to communicate with others.
Since they cannot express their feelings in words crying the only way through which they can communicate with others.
Crying baby is the result of any feeling that makes your baby uncomfortable.
Some of the main reasons for crying baby is hunger, wetting, too heat or cold, tight clothes, pain etc.
Some kids need the presence of somebody otherwise will cry simply.
Sometimes crying baby has not any specific cause and is habitual in some babies. Sometimes excessive crying of the baby may worry the family members. The reasons for crying baby ranges from simple causes to serious causes.
Whatever the reason it should be simple or serious, you should not ignore and find the exact cause and manage it accordingly.
Some of the points that you should consider while dealing with a crying baby:
- Don’t shake your baby vigorously; it is dangerous for her health.
- Remove the tight clothes, since they can cause irritation and results in crying baby.
- Don’t keep your childâ€™s bedroom so hot. Put the fan and open the windows.
- If the nappy is wet remove it and after cleaning the parts make it dry with a soft towel.
- To deal with a crying baby, give breast milk and make her quite.
- When your baby cries, pat her back or stroke her head slowly and let her here your soothing sound.
- Cover your baby with a soft towel if the climate is cold.
- Give a music making doll to sooth your crying baby.
- Try a pacifier or help her for thumb sucking.
- Walk outdoors with her to sooth your crying baby. Otherwise put her in a cradle and rock gently.
Even after all the above steps if your baby goes on crying see the following signs:
Colic: Press her abdomen, if she resists you in doing like this then she is suffering with stomach pain.
Ear ache: Pull your babyâ€™s ear gently, if she becomes worse or push your hands away then she has ear ache.
Fever: Put your hands on the back of your child and feel her temperature.
Examine your babyâ€™s body from head to foot. Find if there is any Eruptive disease, nappy rash, measles, vesicles, allergy etc.
Coryza: Observe your babyâ€™s nose for any discharge.
Meningitis, head injury: Move your babyâ€™s head gently to feel any neck stiffness.
Increased mucus in wind pipes: Due to mucus blocking you can here any rattling sound, if you keep your ear near her chest. This is also a cause for crying baby.
Examine the genitals and observe if there is any discharge or erosion.
Observe your babyâ€™s movements and see for any convulsions, rigors, vomiting, cough, labored breathing etc which are the main causes for crying baby.
If you observe the above mentioned signs or any other abnormalities that makes a crying baby then immediately consult your family doctor for proper treatment.