Posted on Aug 28, 2007 | Comments 0
The things you should do for your kid safety are:
- Cleanliness and neatness are important for your kid safety.
- Care should be taken while cutting the nails.
- Separate bed if possible water proof bed is needed for kids.
- Keep some music making toys near the baby to sooth her.
- Change nappies frequently and parts should be cleaned with soap.
- Tight dress can cause irritation; hence dress should be loose and should allow entry of air.
- Your child bedroom should have sufficient light and ventilation. The bedroom should be free from dust and insects for your kid safety.
- Take care of genitals, because fungal infection is common in that area.
- Care of the scalp is very important. Fungal infections and dermatitis can be prevented by proper cleaning.
- Support the head of your baby with your hand. Neck muscles are very weak during infancy and sudden fall of neck can be dangerous.
- Breast milk is the best nutritious food for your kid safety. It gives emotional attachments. You have to take good nutritious diet during the lactating period.
- Feeding bottles should be cleaned with warm water and should be kept dry.
- Before feeding your baby with cowâ€™s milk it should be boiled, because raw milk can cause tuberculosis, brucellosis, etc.
- Avoid the materials which cause allergic reactions to your child. It can be like food, milk, dress, cosmetics, etc.
- Use mosquito nets regularly for your kid safety. You can prevent the diseases like malaria, dengue, filariasis, and yellow fever etc.
- You should maintain calm atmosphere for your childâ€™s sleep.
- Note down Growth development, behavioral development, motor development, personal social development, language development, etc of your child in relation to age.
- Assessment of growth by measuring height and weight is necessary.
- You have to give proper toilet training as your infant grows. Clean the toilet seats with antiseptic liquid before and after use.
- If you notice the diseases like excessive crying, convulsions, fever with rigor, stiffness of neck, frequent vomiting and diarrhea, bluish discoloration of the body difficult breathing with grunting, etc in your child, you have to immediately consult the doctor for your kid safety.
- Pay careful attention regarding the dosage and mode administration of your child medications.
- When the infant starts walking always accompany him to prevent a fall and injuries thereby.
The care you should take in some incidents for your kid safety:
Try to takeout the poisonous substances and induce vomiting. Immediately wash your baby with water to reduce absorption through the skin.
If your baby swallows some solid objects it can cause obstruction. Place your baby on his abdomen in head low position and press the abdomen backward and towards the chest.
Remove the source of heat and put clean cold water. For your kid safety, donâ€™t remove the burned clothes immediately. Cover the wound with sterile cotton.
Clean the wound with clean water and stop the bleeding by compressing. Then dress the wound with sterile cotton and bandage and consult a doctor.
Immediately stop the source of current. Observe the baby; if no breathing then give mouth-to-mouth breathe along with cardiac massage for your kid safety.
Give maximum care, love and support for your kid safety to make him healthy and happy forever.
The things you should not do for your kid safety:
- You should not shake your baby; it can cause damage to his brain.
- While giving a bath donâ€™t allow the water to enter into the ear.
- Avoid overfeeding for your kid safety.
- Donâ€™t keep any small articles near your baby and donâ€™t give the things like pen, pencil, etc.
- Avoid tight clothing.
- Donâ€™t place near the edge of the bed. Avoid strong lightning in your childâ€™s bedroom.
- Avoid smoking inside the house.
- Donâ€™t allow your baby to crawl on the soil.
- Avoid any electrical instruments near your baby.
- Donâ€™t give others medicines and expired medicines for your kid safety.
Posted in: Health & Safety