Having a hyperactive toddler or baby can be a little too daunting for parents and others. There are many reasons why a baby could be hyperactive and some of them include-being tired, need for attention or diet. While hyperactive babies look cute and adorable for a little while, soon they can be difficult to handle and calm down.
If you are suffering from the same issue, then you will be happy to know that there are some ways of calming down hyperactive babies. The following are some of the best of these ways:
- The first way to ensure that the baby doesn’t remain hyperactive and is calm is to make sure that he gets enough sleep. It is true that hyperactive babies seem to be well rested but on the contrary, overactive babies too can behave like that. Your baby should get a sleep of 10-11 hours a day if he is under 1 year of age. Also, afternoon sleep is equally important.
- Another way to calm down your hyperactive baby is to give him a warm bath. To do so, you can use lavender soap which is good for the sensitive skin of babies. Let you baby play in the warm water for some time. This will allow the baby’s muscles to relax and will have a calming effect.
- Babies are highly receptive to any kind of music and another way to calm them down is to sing slow and calming songs. Loud music will only over excite the baby and won’t help to curb the hyper activeness. But slow music will have a superb effect.
- Another way to calm down your hyperactive baby is to take him for a stroller ride. The vibrations of the stroller will not only calm the baby but may also make him fall asleep.
- Another superb way to calm down hyperactive babies is to try out a bouncer chair. The vibrations felt on such chairs are similar to the vibrations felt on strollers or car seats. These vibrations will calm the toddler and will relax him. If the baby starts looking a little sleepy, you can shift him to the crib for a nap.
- If none of these methods work then the hyperactive behavior may be due to the diet. Speak to your doctor about dietary changes as that can help calm down the baby and keep him relaxed.