When your are a first time mother, choosing clothes for your new baby is not so easy as you may think at first.
While choosing baby clothes, comfort is more important than appearance.
Choice of baby clothes is unlimited.
Newborn babies are very susceptible of the impression of cold.
An appropriate consideration is choosing suitable baby clothes are very important to their enjoyment of life.
The principles that you must keep in mind while shopping for your baby clothes:
- The quality and quantity of baby clothes should be such as to preserve a sufficient proportion of warmth to the body. The clothes must support with the season of the year, and the delicacy or strength of the infantâ€™s constitution.
- You must protect your baby against the too common practice of invading the child in innumerable folds of warm clothing, and keeping him constantly confined to very hot and close rooms.
- If you choose to keep your baby in very cold and ventilated rooms, this system weakens your childâ€™s constitution, to induce disease, and makes the skin highly susceptible to the impression of cold.
- Babies do not like their clothes being changed often. So, choose baby clothes that are easy to change and simple to put on and remove.
- Choose the clothes that stretch and have a wide neck.
- Baby clothes should be arranged as to put no restrictions to the free movements of all parts of the childâ€™s body.
- The clothes must be so loose and easy to permit the insensible perspiration to have a free exit, instead of being confined to and absorbed by the clothes, and held in contact with the skin. This causes irritation to your child.
- The quality of baby clothes should be such as not to irritate the delicate skin of the child. During infancy the flannel is somewhat rough, but is desirable as the child grows older. It gives a gentle stimulus to the skin, and maintains your babyâ€™s health condition.
- The use of pins being hazardous through the carelessness of nurses, and even through the ordinary movements of the infant itself. So, pins should be wholly dispensed for baby clothes. Clothes that open in front and have poppers are easier.
- Change the clothes daily. It is highly helpful to good health that a complete change of dress should be made every day.
- Clothes for a newborn baby should be soft, absorbent, and made of natural fibers. Use natural fiber, cotton baby clothes; it is soft on your babyâ€™s skin and comfortable.
- Buy baby clothes according to weight not age.