A babyâ€™s skin can be the most gorgeous looking thing ever on this planet, and we Moms all know this fact!
However, how many of us know how much of effort it takes to maintain the delicate skin of a baby, so that it remains gorgeous and glowing for a great many years?
A baby produces less amounts of melanin in his early years, and this is one of the main reasons why he becomes allergic and sensitive to any strong creams and lotions that you may choose to use on his skin.
Here are some tips for you on how to take care of the sensitive skin of your baby:
- Make sure you give your baby a good bath, regularly. Clean the areas behind the ears, behind the knees and the diaper areas very well. Also, make sure that you dry all these areas and other areas like the folds of skin very thoroughly. Use products that are specifically meant for your babyâ€™s sensitive skin; never use harsh creams and oils and lotions, soaps and shampoos. [Baby Bath]
- A baby’s skin is equipped to quickly absorb the lotions and creams that you use on him and you must avoid strong and harsh chemicals touching his skin. [Baby Lotion]
- While cleaning your babyâ€™s bottom, use warm water and mild soap. Rub softly and gently, never rub harshly as this will cause the delicate skin to rupture. Use talcum powder to keep baby smiling and dry and clean after every nappy change. These tips must be followed carefully; otherwise your baby may develop irritating diaper rashes.
- Protect your babyâ€™s delicate skin from the harsh elements. Keep him well covered when you go out into the sun, and use a hood to cover and protect him against harsh winds.
- Try to avoid clothing your baby in tight fitting clothes; instead, use loose garments that allow air to circulate freely on your babyâ€™s body. [Baby clothing]
- The bedding must also be kept clean and free of mites and so on. Change the sheets and pillow cases as often as you can. This will help you in the long run as your baby will be free from disease and his skin will glow with good health and cheer.