Gentle essential oils are excellent for your babyâ€™s soft tender skin.
These oils will help take care of your baby naturally, and will help prevent skin conditions like nappy rashes, sunburns, and so on.
Massaging your baby often using essential oils will help promote calmness, improve his appetite, and also help him sleep.
It is a fact that essential oils, when used regularly everyday, will help your baby remain healthy, happy and comfortable.
Here are some tips for you on how to choose the best essential oils to help your baby:
- Lavender Oil: This is an essential oil that will help to calm and soothe your baby. You can use this oil to introduce your baby to aromatherapy. Place a few drops of lavender oil on a piece of cotton, and keep it close by whenever you feed him. He will soon learn to associate the fragrance with your presence and with the soothing and calming actions made by you during your breastfeeding sessions.
- Chamomile Oil: If your baby has started teething, use Chamomile essential oil to help relieve the pain and irritation associated with the problem. Place few drops on a washcloth, and wrap an ice cube in it and place it on his gums.
- Almond Oil: This oil can be used to massage your baby everyday before his bath. The oil will give your babyâ€™s skin a glow and help keep it free of rashes and skin irritations.
- Jojoba Oil: This is also an essential oil that can soothe your babyâ€™s skin, especially when he suffers from rashes like diaper rash.
- You can use a few drops of a combination of lavender and chamomile oil in your babyâ€™s bath. The fragrant bath will help relax him and clean him thoroughly from head to toe, while at the same time keeping him free from the toxic chemicals that are used in soaps and shampoos.
- Rosemary Oil: You could also try a combination of almond and rosemary for your babyâ€™s daily massage. A massage will help your babyâ€™s circulatory and his digestive system, and will soothe and calm him and relax him, so that he will be fed better and sleep better.
Essential oils are natureâ€™s wonderful gift to a new mother, you, and you must learn how to derive the benefits of these bounties so that your baby may become healthier and happier in the long run.