Posted on Nov 13, 2007 | Comments 0
Selecting the best child care centre with all facilities and frequencies is not a tough job if you follow these tips.
Donâ€™t compromise in choosing the right day care center for your little child.
Tips to be followed before selecting a good child care center for your little one:
- You can choose to have your child in home day care center or in a structured day care center. Other than home day care centre, the structured one will have more facilities. Your children can enjoy a lot with other new friends in structured one where as not many children can be found in home day care.
- Before choosing the best day care for your little one, make a list of several day care centers which are present in your city and among them choose the best which can give complete satisfaction to you.
- The centers which you have short listed must have good reputation and it should meet all your needs. Make a call to that day care center and ask several questions regarding the various aspects such as their policies, fees, activities, numbers, philosophers, and hours of taking proper care for your child. Now write down your initial feelings on that call.
- If you donâ€™t like the way they have given response to you then cross those centers off your list. Mark the centers which have given better impression and good feelings.
- Once you have narrowed your list by crossing the worst and by marking the best, make several enquires on those best child care centers by talking to the children who are present in that centre and by making a call to the parents whose children are present in that center.
- Checkout the answers given by them and strike off the day care centers which have got lot of negative answers from parents as well as from the children. If some parents suggest you any best day care centre then make note of it. This will be one of the most telling parts of your research for child care center.
- Take your child to visit the center. Observe how she or he acts around the children and teachers. Make a watch on the feelings of your child whether he or she can mingle with all the people present around him or not. Keep in mind that your young child will not rush into new group and start playing with them for the first time. Just observe the comfortable levels of him or her in that center.
- Find out the ages of other children present in that child care center. If they are all older than your child then you must not join your child in that center because there could be problems with them.
- Finally, once you find the day care center which you like, you need to enroll your child, because the best child care centers usually have a waiting list. Donâ€™t let this discourage you. Get your childâ€™s name on the list and find the baby sitter until the position becomes available.
The tips which have given above will certainly help you to find the best day care center for your child.
Posted in: Baby Care Center